I suggest you ...

Scam?

Been using your site for a months I have been looking for a web brand. Finally found something I liked a was showing available across the board. Went back to it several times today and left it on my screen. Went to register it a few hours later and low and behold the site was all of a sudden taken and is now for sale. The also registered fb and Instagram. Amazing coincidence huh? Are you scraping names that your users are searching for?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well after a discussion with namevine founder it appears that there is clearly no scam but rather an interface nuance that is not very clear. When I searched for the name I added .com to it. Apparently the software removes the “.” then combines the name into “namecom” which was the cause of the confusion. No scram at all, just a nuance in the interface.

I hope the user interface is improved but I applaud the founder for reaching out and being so detailed in his responses.

• Adminnamevine (Founder, namevine.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Rob, I have just seen your comment above, and am reaching out to you privately to figure out what happened and to see what I can do. Searches aren't kept around at all and I can assure you it's not the goal of Namevine to register domains/handles that users have worked hard to find.

Feedback and Knowledge Base